Receive God's Favour

I praise and thank God for His faithfulness.I receive, in the name of Jesus, God's favour upon me.

Thursday 5 April 2012

Hesed

A wonderful serendipity occurred yesterday as I read the Bible Passage in Isaiah 63 :7 - 9 .
"I will mention the lovingkindnesses of the LORD, and the praises of the LORD, according to all that the LORD hath bestowed on us, and the great goodness toward the house of Israel, which he hath bestowed on them according to his mercies, and according to the multitude of his lovingkindnesses.
 8For he said, Surely they are my people, children that will not lie: so he was their Saviour.
 9In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them: in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; and he bare them, and carried them all the days of old."
King James version

 The Message version interprets the verse 7 like this :
" I'll make a list of God's gracious dealings,
   all the things God has done that need praising,
All the generous bounties of God,
   his great goodness to the family of Israel—
Compassion lavished,
   love extravagant.
And the Lectio Divina edition of "The Catholic Prayer Bible" has mentioned about "the most notable the great gift expressed in the profound Hebrew word hesed ( divine faithfulness)" as fitting comment to these verses.
There is so much to ponder about this word hesed. I'll write about that later. Today let me make my affirmation:
      I cover myself with the shield of hesed around me
        I have the abundance of hesed
     I invoke the hesed of God El Shaddai over me
His faithfulness(hesed) is a shield and buckler for me (Psalm 91)

Praise the Lord for His hesed

No comments:

Post a Comment