Receive God's Favour

I praise and thank God for His faithfulness.I receive, in the name of Jesus, God's favour upon me.

Sunday 15 April 2012

God's hesed and emet - A hendiadys

Praise the Lord!
Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
Psalm 106 : 1 

 Dear God Almighty, my loving Father, I thank You for Your great Mercy that You shower upon us Your children. Thank You for the great Favours You give us, thus making us Your favourites. Your Mercy endures forever, this I believe. Your Faithfulness knows no bounds. I love to sing to You dear Abba, the song
     The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases
      His Mercies never come to an end
      They are new every morning
      Great is Your faithfulness.... 
I trust in You Lord, I trust in Your covenant Love, I trust Your Mercy, because You alone are the Holy One, You alone are God, only You can stand by me when in the chaos of the world, I stand confused and weary. You hold my hand and help me trudge this desert sands in my sojourn  in this transient world. You understand my helplessness, You care for me when I stagger desperately . Yes Lord, in my desperation , I trust in You, in my desolation, I trust in Your Mercy which gives me the Hope I need. Thank You Lord for loving me, though I 'm a sinner. 
 Your unfailing Hesed is my  strength, Abba! Jeremiah 31 :3 says the truth about Your Hesed:
3 The LORD appeared to us in the past,saying:

   “I have loved you with an everlasting love;
   I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. 

Today's word  : "hendiadys". 
This means that  two words are put together together to express a single idea.It is a figure of speech used for emphasis. The basic idea is to use two words linked by a conjunction to express a single complex idea.
 For instance , Hesed is found together with the word emet, which is often translated as "truth" or "faithfulness".
 So, in the phrase  "faithful love" or "steadfast love", the two words are put together in a parallel construction as in 
     For great is his steadfast love toward us,
     and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever.

Psa 117:2.
                 Or
   You will show faithfulness to Jacob
    and steadfast love to Abraham,
    as you have sworn to our fathers
    from the days of old.
 Mica 7: 20

No comments:

Post a Comment